From OC Systems Wiki!
This International Standard specifies:
- The form of a program written in Ada;
- The effect of translating and executing such a program;
- The manner in which program units may be combined to form Ada programs;
- The language-defined library units that a conforming implementation is required to supply;
- The permissible variations within the standard, and the manner in which they are to be documented;
- Those violations of the standard that a conforming implementation is required to detect, and the effect of attempting to translate or execute a program containing such violations;
- Those violations of the standard that a conforming implementation is not required to detect.
This International Standard does not specify:
- The means whereby a program written in Ada is transformed into object code executable by a processor;
- The means whereby translation or execution of programs is invoked and the executing units are controlled;
- The size or speed of the object code, or the relative execution speed of different language constructs;
- The form or contents of any listings produced by implementations; in particular, the form or contents of error or warning messages;
- The effect of unspecified execution.
- The size of a program or program unit that will exceed the capacity of a particular conforming implementation.
Copyright © 1992,1993,1994,1995 Intermetrics, Inc.
Copyright © 2000 The MITRE Corporation, Inc. Ada Reference Manual