Annex G. Numerics
The Numerics Annex specifies
- features for complex arithmetic, including complex I/O;
- a mode (strict mode), in which the predefined arithmetic operations of floating point and fixed point types and the functions and operations of various predefined packages have to provide guaranteed accuracy or conform to other numeric performance requirements, which the Numerics Annex also specifies;
- a mode (relaxed mode), in which no accuracy or other numeric performance requirements need be satisfied, as for implementations not conforming to the Numerics Annex;
- models of floating point and fixed point arithmetic on which the accuracy requirements of strict mode are based; and
- the definitions of the model-oriented attributes of floating point types that apply in the strict mode.
If Fortran (respectively, C) is widely supported in the target environment, implementations supporting the Numerics Annex should provide the child package Interfaces.Fortran (respectively, Interfaces.C) specified in Annex B and should support a convention_identifier of Fortran (respectively, C) in the interfacing pragmas (see Annex B), thus allowing Ada programs to interface with programs written in that language.
Copyright © 1992,1993,1994,1995 Intermetrics, Inc.
Copyright © 2000 The MITRE Corporation, Inc. Ada Reference Manual