aextract - extracts PowerAda source
aextract [-hFIU] [-L Library | -s Sublibrary | -x Executable ] [units...]
aextract extracts the ASCII source text for a compilation unit from an Ada library or sublibrary.
Source is saved in the library by the ada compiler by default. Source is not stored in the library if the
-P command line option is specified.
As with other PowerAda tools, the specification or body of the unit is specified using "
lib/unitname" or "
The library in which to search for the unit is designated by specifying the library file (e.g.,
-L alib.list), or an executable file from which to extract the library (e.g,.
-x a.out). One may instead search a specific sublibrary as well (e.g.,
By default, the source text is written to standard output. The
-F flag indicates that the source text is to be written to a local file which is the same as the basename of the file from which the unit was originally compiled. The
-U flag indicates that the source text is to be written to a local file whose name is based on the unitname.
There is no checking to see if this file created already exists, and files may be overwritten.
-I flag is specified, unit names are read from standard input.
- Writes output to base filename from which unit was compiled.
- Gives this help.
- Reads units from standard input.
- Writes output to filename based on unitname.
- -L Library
- Specifies library to get units from.
- -s Sublibrary
- Specifies sublibrary to get units from.
- '-x Executable
- Specifies PowerAda executable to get library from.'
- Specifies units to get source for.
$POWERADA/bin/aextract - the aextract program
- This must be defined and indicate the powerada/ada95 directory in the PowerAda installation.
- Names a baselines file identifying aliases for baseline projects.
cat > h.ada << EOF with text_io; procedure hello is begin text_io.put_line("Hello World"); end hello; EOF alibinit ada h.ada aextract sec/hello > xh.ada diff h.ada xh.ada areport -B | aextract -IU diff hello.ada hello_.ada rm h.ada aextract -F sec/hello diff h.ada xh.ada