PowerAda A Development Model
From OC Systems Wiki!
While powerada provides an excellent interactive interface, there is generally a practical requirement to build everything in an automated fashion for baselining, delivery, and testing. Here is a model that has worked well in practice.
- Identify where PowerAda will be installed and where development will be done.
- Customize PowerAda for your development environment.
- Choose a configuration management (CM) tool, install it, and integrate it with PowerAda.
- Organize existing software and other files into a PowerAda project.
- Create initial configuration files (adalib.imports and adalib.files).
- Install the software and configuration files into your CM system.
- Define an automated build process in which all or part of the software is extracted from the CM system and built into a baseline project using a customized shell script.
- Users develop relative to the baseline that best meets their needs.
- Identify the target environment in which testing and integration will occur (which is initially the same as the development environment.)
- Define the process whereby users can use Aprobe and Adbg to debug and test in the target environment.