PowerAda Mouse Usage
The mouse is the primary means of interaction with the GUI. The GUI operates on the standard Motif model for a three button mouse. The mouse buttons are referred to as:
- Mouse Button 1 (MB1): usually the left button
- Mouse Button 2 (MB2): usually the middle button
- Mouse Button 3 (MB3): usually the right button
Mouse Button 1
MB1 causes the following operations in the GUI widgets:
For text and text-field widgets (used to display most text), MB1 is defined as follows:
- Set the insertion position to the location of the click.
- Select the current word delimited by blanks and tabs.
- Select the current line.
- Select the whole text buffer.
- Select the current Ada token, expression, or statement. MB2 performs the same action as Shift-Click in the browser and debugger.
For a list widget, MB1 selects the item and a double-click selects the item and acts as if the "OK" button were selected.
For most other widgets, MB1 activates the widget.
Mouse Button 2
MB2 causes the following operations in the GUI widgets:
For text and text-field widgets, a single click will paste the current contents of the clipboard (selected using MB1) into the text or text-field widget at the location of the insertion point. MB2 performs the same action as Shift-Click MB1 in the debugger and browser.
Mouse Button 3
MB3 is used to pop-up the source display menu. This menu contains commands to perform source-related queries. This menu is only available in the source display area.