OCS: IBM Tivoli Solutions
IBM offers ARM instrumentation in most of the components of its middleware stack. This instrumentation provides considerable information about transaction performance. In fact, you may be able to get all of the transaction data you need using these existing ARM calls.
But you may need additional information for some of your composite applications. If you do, we can add the instrumentation you need—without making any changes to the application.
We use the ARM standard to obtain the data you want and integrate it with IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Response Time Tracking (ITCAM RTT), so you can use Tivoli to monitor your entire application system.
IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Response Time Tracking
ITCAM RTT is an end-to-end transaction management solution that captures performance data for all of your transactions, helping you visualize the transaction's path through your application systems.
You can use this software to:
- Monitor every step of a customer transaction as it passes through the complex array of hosts, systems, and applications: Web and proxy servers, Web application servers, database management systems, and legacy back-office systems and applications.
- Simulate customer transactions and collect performance data to assess the health of your e-business components and configurations.
- Receive prompt, automated notification of performance problems.
- Measure how users experience your Web site and applications under different conditions and at different times.
- Quickly isolate the source of performance problems as they occur, so that you can correct problems before they produce expensive outages and lost revenue.
There are several ways to monitor transactions with IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager (ITCAM):
- Simulated or robotic transactions If you are new to monitoring transactions, this is a good way to start. For a fairly simple system, simulated transactions may be sufficient.
- Actual end-user transactions Measuring real end-user transactions delivers a more accurate representation of the end-user experience.
- End-to-end actual end-user transactions Monitoring real transactions all the way from the browser through the enterprise, with enough detail to perform root-cause analysis, offers the most advanced solution.
We work with you to identify the approach that is most appropriate for your situation and the product from the IBM Tivoli family that best fits your needs. We assist you in selecting the transactions to measure and determining what data is needed. If you need additional ARM instrumentation to obtain that data, we insert the ARM calls you need using RootCause. Then we configure the software and implement your monitoring solution.
- ARM with RootCause (PDF, 265KB)